For those couples who are going ahead with weddings abroad and need to legalise documents with the Hague Apostille. I am here to help you. Making this part less worrisome and stressful.
What is Hague Apostille?
This is a certificate that is attached to documents for authentication for use of that document outside of the UK. The Apostille is issued from the Legalisation Office.
Moving forward with your wedding plans
It gives me so much joy to know that there is a way for couples to move ahead with their wedding abroad. It may be smaller than planned but it is going to no less special and awesome.
Doing this for yourselves and living in the now is what we have, making the best of this situation will give you a real sense of taking control and stops the waiting game and uncertainty.
If you are a couple planning for a late summer or early Autumn wedding abroad this year, then you will already be some way in to your documentation process.
The final stage before sending to your documents to your wedding planner or person assisting you with your documentation will be to have your documents legalised with an Hague Apostille issued by the Legalisation Office in Milton Keynes. UK.
Legalisation Office and Covid-19
Even though things are easing up with lock-down in the UK, the Legalisation Office is currently on a restricted service and at this time of writing is only permitting existing account holders to submit documents for Apostille using the online service.
This is how I can help you as an existing account holder as I am able to process documents for you.
Hague Apostille Services
There are three options available.
- Standard Service for Apostilles – this will include receiving your documentation by post or if you are in the Cambridgeshire area we can meet. Completing the request for apostilles online and making the payment. Using registered mail to send the documents to Milton Keynes and payment to return the documents to me or to your home address.
- Standard Service for Apostilles + express courier with tracking to an address in the country where you are getting married (planner or approved translator).
- This service is for Italy weddings ONLY. This service includes an additional step to provide assistance on the consistency of information to be included on the Certificate of No Impediment and Statutory Declaration Forms. This step is to mitigate any errors that may be picked up by the Town Hall when it comes to reviewing your documents.
I can check the information before you go to the registry office and the notary as any correction could cause delay and be costly. Once the documents have been issued I will process as above and send to a specified address in Italy by express courier with tracking.
Premium Apostille Service – Urgent Request
***Please note this service is closed for the foreseeable future***.
Accent Events is registered with the Foreign & Commonwealth office for the Premium Service for obtaining Hague Apostilles at short notice. This is very important for those couples who may find themselves in a sticky situation when it comes to the legal process.
Occasionally unforeseen situations can and do crop up with the paperwork for a legal wedding in Italy. If, for any reason an Apostille is required within a very short turnaround – we are able to obtain this in person from the Foreign & Commonwealth office in London rather than using the postal service to the Legalisation Department in Milton Keynes – the postal service has a guideline 3-5 day turnaround that may not be sufficient to meet a given deadline – this is going to depend on each couple’s circumstances.
Expediting the legalisation of a document is mainly for urgent cases – where there is still a small margin of time for the document to be legalised with the Apostille.
We can offer a same day Apostille service as long as:
- We receive your documents by 4pm the day before travelling to London, as an appointment must be booked
- Payment for the Accent Events Premium Service is received by bank transfer at the time of booking the service together with payment for the Apostilles.
- You provide clear instruction to us for onward delivery once the Apostille(s) have been obtained.
Foreign & Commonwealth Office charges £75 per document for the Premium Hague Apostille Service, which is considerably more than the standard service at £30 per document.
This service is for unforeseen situations and/or short notice processing of documents. Accent Events service charge will be calculated based on your circumstances with a minimum fee applied.
Accent Events is an Italy wedding specialist – however, we are willing to assist couples who require urgent assistance with legalising documents for destination weddings other than Italy subject to our availability.
If you find yourselves in a situation where you may need this service you can reach out using firstname.lastname@example.org